Marketing Yourself as a Creative Professional
Melbourne Course : 12 classes over 7 weeks
Starts : Sunday 24th of February
Ends : Sunday 7th of April
Duration : 7 weeks : 8 hours class time a week
Class Time : Sunday 10am to 4pm & Wednesday 7pm to 9am
Location : Harbour Promenade Docklands
Method : Sunday’s class is In person & Wednesday’s class is online conferencing
Equipment Required : A laptop or a workstation at home. Adobe creative suite.
Internet : A fast connection, conferencing camera, microphone & earphones
Class size : 10 students
Cost : $75 Per class, total : $900
How can this course assist you?
- If you are looking to get your first job or a better job.
- If you would like to acquire more clients.
- If you would like to develop your personal brand and marketing material.
- If you would like to be mentored and be held accountable.
- Then this course can help you !
Who is this course for?
Designers, Animators and Visual Effects Artists who are interested in learning the essential skills of self-promotion. This includes students, recent graduates, juniors and freelancers who are aspiring to work or currently work in the Animation, Visual Effects, Motion Design, Gaming and Illustration industries.
Applications are now closed - Thank you
About the Course
Creative director and industry expert Matthew Packwood will mentor and teach you the discipline of marketing. He will then guide and direct you to create your own personal branding and marketing material. The course is designed for students to work together and teach each other through trial and error, with weekly discussions and presentations of their current work. The program is limited to 10 participants, allowing for one-on-one training and mentoring. This course has been developed through extensive research, in consultation with some of the top studios and creative professionals in the industry. Matthew has been improving, refining and delivering this course over the past two years for students in the areas of Animation, Gaming, Illustration, Motion design and Visual effects.
Mathew Packwood - Teacher & Mentor
Creative Director Matthew Packwood is a specialist in concept development, design and advanced animation. Matthew has 18 years experience working in the National and International design and post-production industry. He is also the founder, editor and curator of Masters of Motion (Est 2016). Previously, Matthew was a studio owner of Popcorn Creative and the head of design and animation at Inverleigh Media holdings. Matthew has also taught at Melbourne's top Universities and private colleges. Find out more about Matthew at www.matthewpackwood.com
Presentations and discussions
You will learn how to market yourself as a creative professional :
- Understanding the industry
- Improving the quality of your work
- Planning and strategy
- Brand design
- CV and LinkedIn design
- Portrait photography
- Website template design (UX and UI)
- Social media
- Showreel development
- Marketing your brand
- Interview, meeting and presentation skills
- Research, sales and networking
You will be directed and guided in the improvement or creation of :
- Planning and timeline document
- Improving folio work
- Personal brand
- CV, letterhead and business cards
- Professional portrait photography
- Social media - a consistent presence
- Portfolio website
- Market research document
- Potential client's contacts document
- Sales email template
- Phone sales script
Registration and Application Process
You are required to submit an online folio of work and a standard CV. Your work will be reviewed on the basis of your creativity, technical skills and the quality of the work. if you are successful in being shortlisted for the course, you will then be required to have an interview over Skype. You may also be asked to supply some references.
- Applications Open to January 25th 2019
- Applications close Thurday February 14th - or is sold out prior
- Final Invitations to attend Wednesday February 22nd
- Course commences on Sunday February 24th
To Apply : Please fill out the following details.
- Full name
- Area of expertise
- Present level of experience
- A link to your online portfolio
- A short description of your career plans and ambitions.
Thanks in advance for applying for the Marketing for Creative Professionals course.
For more information please contact :
Matthew Packwood : email@example.com