What is Masters of Motion ?
Masters of Motion is a non-for-profit website, social media channel, and podcast that provides the world with a insight into the Australian and New Zealand animation industry. Comprising of an online gallery featuring outstanding motion design, animation and visual effects work. Our mission is to celebrate Australia's motion artists and to inspire the next generation of motion designers, animators, visual effects and 3-D artists.
Subscribe to our community newsletters to receive podcast info, industry news, events announcements, job ads and more. We also recommend following us on Instagram. You can subscribe to our podcast on iTunes.
A master member has been nominated by a member of the community and then been selected to become a Master of motion.
Studios and Artists who contribute work, time or knowledge to Masters of motion, website, podcast, events or social media.
Freelance artists, who have been nominated and selected to appear in the masters of motion freelance document.
Students, producers and production companies, who work in the motion design, VFX and animation industry.
What is Masters of Motion ?
Masters of Motion is a non-for-profit website, social media channel and podcast that provides the world with an insight into the Australian and New Zealand Animation industry. Comprising an online gallery featuring outstanding motion design, animation and visual effects work.
Our mission is to :
- Celebrate Australia's and New Zealand's motion artists and promote their extraordinary work.
- Inspire the next generation of motion designers, animators, visual effects and 3-D artists.
- Share work that is both technically and creatively outstanding.
- Represent the best motion projects being created in Australia.
- Create an archive of creative projects that can be referenced in the future.
- Create a connection between industry and educators.
- Tell the stories of the artists that create the work and explain the methods used to create it.
Core areas of interest :
Design - editing - motion design / graphics - animation - visual effects - 3-D animation
Studio management - production methods - marketing techniques - payment rates and contracts
- Industry and educators collaborating
- Improving the sustainability and professionalism of the industry
Freelance document aim :
- To help producers find good reliable freelance artists.
- To increase the amount of freelance work available to the artists in the document.
We would love to hear from you if you have a project to submit or would like to tell us about some great work being done, or would like to find out more information about us. We love talking about design, animation, events, technology and teaching.
Talk to you soon.
Matthew Packwood - Editor and Curator
m 0423 079 569
Who’s behind the wheel ?
The founder of Masters of Motion Matthew Packwood has been a senior creative working in the motion design industry for 17 years. Matthew also works as an educator teaching in both undergraduate and masters courses. He is passionate about design and is driven to promote the industry that has given him such a fantastic career. Find out more about Matthew Packwood at : www.matthewpackwood.com
Matthew Packwood : Masters of Motion - Editor and Curator